On 1 April 2017 we accepted full delegated responsibility from NHS England to commission GP primary care services. We are passionate about improving quality across all practices and the introduction of this delegation is seen as an essential step towards expanding and strengthening primary medical care.
To support our role, we have established a primary care commissioning committee whose role is to make decisions on the review, planning and procurement of primary care services across Bradford district and Craven under delegated authority from NHS England.
The primary care commissioning committee meets bi-monthly and is held in public. Everyone is welcome to attend and observe the meeting. You can read them here.
Before May 2018, there was a specific committee for NHS Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven CCG and you can find their minutes here.
Members of the committee are:
- Neil Fell, lay member (governance) – Chair
- Pam Essler, lay member (patient and public involvement) – Vice Chair
- Dr James Thomas, CCG clinical chair (NV)
- Helen Hirst, chief officer (accountable officer)
- Julie Lawreniuk, chief finance officer
- Peter Brunskill, secondary care consultant
- Angie Clegg, registered nurse
- Dr Colin Renwick, executive GP (NV)
- Karren Jolaoso, executive nurse
Invited non-voting attendees: Internal
- Appropriate CCG management
- Bryan Millar, lay member (finance)
Invited non-voting attendees: External
- Sarah Muckle, representing Bradford Health & Wellbeing Board
- Rachel Richards, representing North Yorkshire Health & Wellbeing Board
- Neil Bolton-Heaton, Healthwatch Bradford and District
- Nigel Ayre, Healthwatch North Yorkshire
- Dr Helen Wilkinson, YOR Local Medical Committee Ltd
- Neil Coulter, primary care contracts manager, NHS England
*(NV) – non-voting member