Excellent patient experience, better health, and wise use of money
We want to be a leading CCG through successful integration and transformation of health and social care, the introduction of innovative, improved clinical pathways, sound financial management and by being a model employer and developing future clinical leaders
NHS Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is made up of 16 GP practices who have taken over some of the responsibilities of primary care trusts (PCTs) from April 2013. The CCG will make sure that clinical people like GPs and nurses are more involved in deciding what services should be provided for local people. Find out which practices belong to NHS Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven CCG here.
Our vision is to deliver proactive, co-ordinated, person centred care with our health and care partners across our communities.
Our principles are:
- That no one should be in hospital unless their care cannot be delivered safely in the community 24/7
- Nor should anyone be discharged to long term care without the opportunity for a period of enablement
- And our local population should have 24/7 access to, and delivery of, co-ordinated care which is needs driven and not about age, condition or location.
Our strategic objectives
We will deliver our vision through the following strategic objectives:
We will commission models of care that will address physical, psychological and social needs to:
- Reduce reliance on reactive emergency and urgent care through more planned and proactive model of service.
- Change the mind-set of professionals to promote active participation in health and wellbeing of the individual
- Change the mind-set of the public so they become an active participant in their health and care
- Deliver the pledges as set out in the NHS constitution.
You can see which practices belong to our CCG by clicking on the map below.
Addingham Medical Centre | Cross Hills Group Practice | Dyneley House Surgery | Farfield Group Practice | Fisher Medical Centre | Grange Park Surgery | Grassington Medical Centre | Haworth Medical Practice | Holycroft Surgery | Ilkley & Wharfedale Medical Practice | Ilkley Moor Medical Practice | Kilmeny Surgery | Ling House Medical Centre | Oakworth Health Centre | North Street Surgery | Silsden Health Centre | Town Head Medical Practice.
Health and wellbeing boards
The Health and Social care Act 2012 establishes health and wellbeing boards as a forum where key leaders from the health and care system work together to improve the health and wellbeing of their local population and reduce health inequalities.
Each top tier and unitary authority will have its own health and wellbeing board. Board members will collaborate to understand their local community’s needs, agree priorities and encourage commissioners to work in a more joined up way. More information on the role of health and wellbeing boards is available on the Department of Health’s website.
NHS Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven Clinical Commissioning Group covers two local authority areas and so we are members of two health and wellbeing boards: Bradford & Airedale and North Yorkshire.
Information on the Bradford & Airedale Health and Wellbeing Board is available here.
Information on the North Yorkshire Health and Wellbeing Board is available here.