Equality and diversity
Public Sector Equality Duty Reports
Bradford City, Districts and Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven Clinical Commissioning Groups are legally required to publish their Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) Report annually, including an update on their equality objectives.
Below are our previous PSED reports which describe our progress in meeting our equality objectives, other equality and diversity work and key local health inequalities.
CCG Equality Objectives
Our equality objectives for 2013-2017 were agreed in partnership with local voluntary and community services. Our PSED reports include annual updates on our progress in meeting our objectives.
The Bradford and Airedale NHS Equality Group
NHS Bradford and Airedale (the local Primary Care Trust, which no longer exists) worked in partnership with Airedale NHS Foundation Trust, Bradford District Care Trust and Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
This group also included representatives from a range of voluntary and community organisations:
- Age Concern Bradford and Airedale,
- Black Health Forum,
- Bradford Action for Refugees,
- Bradford and Airedale Mental Health Advocacy Project,
- Bradford District Women’s Forum,
- Bradford District Care Trust Black and Minority Ethnic Staff Network,
- Bradford District Care Trust Disabled Staff Network,
- Bradford District Care Trust Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans Staff Network,
- Bradford Metropolitan District Council,
- Bradford Muslim Women’s Council,
- Bradford LINk,
- Bradford Older People’s Alliance,
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals Black and Minority Ethnic Staff Network,
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals Disabled Staff Network,
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Staff Network,
- Carers’ Resource,
- Council for Mosques,
- Equity Partnership,
- Health Partnership Project,
- Healthier Lives,
- Just West Yorkshire,
- Mind in Bradford,
- NHS Bradford and Airedale Black and Minority Ethnic Staff Network,
- NHS Bradford and Airedale Staff Disability Network,
- NHS Bradford and Airedale Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Staff Network,
- Sharing Voices,
- Strategic Disability Partnership,
- Thornbury Centre,
- University of Bradford’s Centre for Diversity and Inclusion,
- VCS Assembly Equalities Forum,
- VCS Assembly Health and Wellbeing Forum
The group agreed priority equality objectives, monitored our progress in meeting them and used the Equality Delivery System (EDS) to measure the local NHS against four key goals.
Equality Delivery System
In 2012 members of the Bradford and Airedale NHS Equality Group formed Equality Delivery System assessment panels to consider and moderate the equality and diversity performance of each NHS trust using the equality delivery system framework.
These evidence sheets show changes made to our grading by the members of our equality group at the assessment panels. Through this process we are identifying any information gaps and our equality delivery system action plans will include details of how we are address these gaps. This summary sheet shows our validated equality delivery system grades. EDS evidence reports are below:
- better health outcomes for all
- improved patient access and experience
- empowered, engaged and well supported staff
- inclusive leadership at all levels
In 2014 Equality Delivery System panels met again to consider the evidence report from our CCG.
Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES)
We welcome the national focus on NHS workforce race equality and the progress that our local NHS provider trusts are making with work to improve workforce race equality. In 2015 we produced a baseline WRES report about the CCG’s workforce. You can read subsequent reports using the links below: