NHS Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven CCG (CCG) aims to commission high quality, safe and effective services but occasionally things can go wrong.  When they do it seeks to put them right and learn from the experience to improve our services and those that we buy.

The Patient Support Service is available to help if you have a concern, issue or complaint.

If you make a complaint, your care and/or treatment will not be negatively affected.

Below you will find information about how to make a complaint, who will deal with your complaint and details about independent organisations who can help you.

Please note, when dealing with complaints we cannot:

  • have a member of staff disciplined
  • give any legal advice
  • help with complaints about private medical treatment.

Who can complain?

Any person is entitled to complain who has received NHS care or treatment commissioned by NHS Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven CCG or any other health related services and is dissatisfied with the care or treatment they have received or the commissioning decisions made by NHS Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven CCG.  Complaints may be made on behalf of another person, if they give their consent.

When should I complain?

You should make your complaint as soon as possible because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. You should make your complaint:

  • within 12 months of the situation arising; or
  • within 12 months of becoming aware that you have a reason to raise a concern.

This time limit may be extended, depending upon circumstances, as each complaint is treated individually.

Who should I complain to?

The NHS is made up from numerous different organisations.  We encourage you to contact the organisation you are complaining about to give them the first opportunity to help you and to resolve your issue/s.  Should you direct your complaint to the wrong organisation, they, with your permission, can forward it to the correct one.

I want to make a complaint about hospital, mental health care, or community services (eg, district nurses, out of hours services)click here

I want to make a complaint about primary care services (GP’s, dentists, pharmacists or ophthalmologists)click here

I want to make a complaint about services that the CCG commissions (including continuing healthcare) click here

Help available to support you in making a complaint click here