Your feedback helps shape the decisions that we make about local services by making sure we fully understand your needs, including those people who have the poorest health. It means that services in Bradford District and Craven are designed around the people who use them and enable people to live healthier lives.
Our vision is to involve our local community in all the work we do. It means that our work is informed by your experiences and outcomes and that we make the best use of NHS resources to make sure local services are shaped around the needs of our community.
We would love for as many people in Bradford District and Craven to get involved in what we do - you can even choose how much or how little you want to get involved and how much of your experience you want to share. This is your chance to shape health and wellbeing services in your area.
There are lots of different ways you can get involved with the work we do. To find out which one works best for you, visit our pages on how to get involved.
By sharing and getting patients and the public involved in our work we can make sure that:
- we put patients and the public at the heart of everything we do
- we promote and embed a patient focused culture within the NHS
- we ensure that patient and public voice is not just heard, but actively used to inform commissioning decisions taken by the CCGs
- we enhance your experience and improve your health outcomes.
Getting involvement from patients and the public is hugely important because:
- poor patient experience and poor health outcomes are linked to health inequalities
- there is strong evidence about the links between patient experience and clinical safety and effectivenes
- patient involvement in decision-making and effective communication is strongly associated with better self-reported clinical outcomes
- when patients do not feel involved or understand the treatment they are offered, this leads to poorer health outcomes and wastes resources.
The valuable insight and information that you give helps us to:
- see what people are saying about the services we are responsible for planning and buying
- understand people’s experiences of local health services
- highlight areas for further exploration and understanding
- identify areas for improvement and/or development in planning and buying health services
- enable the active participation of patients and public in decisions about the health services they use
- ensure that action is taken on the feedback.