The Women's Health Network identifies and addresses health issues and inequalities affecting women and their families living in Bradford. The network has been set up by Bradford & District Community Empowerment Network (CNet), with support from Bradford City and Bradford Districts Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).
The Women's Health Network will create the opportunity to establish and maintain dialogue with our local community on the issues that are most important to them. This will then help us to develop women's services.
The women's health network and our CCGs will:
- identify and better understand the issues that impact on why women choose to access health services and why they choose not to
- identify gaps in services
- work collectively with the Bradford CCGs to design and develop services which meet the needs of local women
- work with local communities and organisations to ensure assets (resources, properties, skills and talents) within communities to improve women's health are used well
- make sure important health messages are clear, easy to understand and are shared effectively
- create opportunities to help women improve not only their own health and wellbeing but that of their family and friends
- have a strong, open and transparent relationship and use the outcomes of the Women's Health Network to achieve better health outcomes for the women of Bradford.