Your health – helping you to maintain a healthy lifestyle
Our role is to provide health services and also to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. We also want to address health inequalities locally, improve the quality of our services and make sure that healthcare is available for anyone who needs it. In this section you can search for local health services including GPs, dentists, pharmacies and opticians.
We want to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle to prevent ill health in the long-term. We are working with communities living in Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven to encourage people to look after themselves. As part of self care week (14-20 November) we will be out in the community to share with you more information, please come and join us. Find out about events and activities taking place near you across Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven here.
The leaflets below have been found to be particularly useful when engaging with communities and you can find further information at NHS Choices Live Well.
Physical activity guides
- Physical activity for children (birth to five years)
- Physical activity for children and young people (ages five to 18 years)
- Physical activity and benefits for adults and older adults
Healthy ageing – Age UK have developed information to help you love later life.
- A practical guide to healthy ageing.
- Healthy Living – maintaining a healthy body and mind.
- Healthy Eating – your guide to eating well.
- Staying Steady – reduce your risk of falling.
- Falls screening tool and referral form
- Living Well With Asthma
- Living Well With Dementia
- Living Well With COPD
- Living Well With Heart Failure
Other specailist patient leaflets
- Suspected lung cancer patient information leaflet referred via fast track – you may receive this leaflet if you your GP has referred you urgently to a respiratory specialist.
- Information about specialist fertility services.
- Information about bronchiolitis, croup and what to do if your child has a fever.